Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Songs: Alt-J (∆) - Tessellate


I found this band yesterday. Two songs were played on the radio, about two hours apart, and both times I perked up and asked, wait, who is that, his voice is really unusual for mainstream radio!And to my surprise, they were the same group, so I just had to look them up, and they're really interesting. And against all odds, someone on my twitter feed mentioned them this morning.
I...I have no idea what they remind me of. There's this whole wave of familiarity with the mood in my mind, but I simply have no idea who they make me think of.
Tessellate just has this easy rhythm to move to, shows off his great lazy singing voice, and is just stylish.

Links:
Intro
Breezeblocks
Something Good
Dissolve Me
Fitzpleasure
Taro

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment