Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Avatar World: Version 1.3 Released (Plots/Threats, Revisions)


You know, I reviewed The Last of Us when I played it. I loved it. But I think that as time has passed and the little bits of dissatisfaction are forgotten it is rapidly becoming one of my best memories of a gaming experience. Much of that reflection and reminiscing of the game is the result of Santaolalla's soundtrack. Quiet. Brooding. Sad. Hopeful. I don't own The Last of Us - I'd rented it - but I think I'm going to have to. And as much as I am interested in seeing more of Ellie and Joel, I don't think a sequel should happen. But if it does, I'll be there to buy whatever console I need to play it, a level of anticipation only matched by Mirror's Edge 2.

I don't need to say much! Avatar World is progressing awesomely. This update doesn't do anything surprising conceptually, it's just fulfilling promises I've been making. Visually the game is updated some, with some art shifts and a nice-looking (to me) title page that will get  me in trouble if Nickelodean ever looks in here. The Basic Moves sheet is revised to actually be its own thing instead of just being an excerpt from the rules, there's an MC sheet now, and The Red Mountain got the format update to half-sheets. Many of the playbooks have had a move or two updated, as per the post I did a bit ago, though I left a couple of borderline moves alone.

Basically an unsurprising update that just makes things prettier and more usable.

So what comes next? Continued tweaks / revisions and sub-playbooks. The whole basic system is here now. I don't think I'm forgetting anything, and it feels solid. Also it looks great printed out into a saddle-stitched booklet form.
Basically I hope you're as excited about all this as I am.

Later folks!
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment