Saturday, April 19, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAA *Explodes*


In the wake of the Flappy Bird pulling drama, Terry Cavangh (of Super Hexagon and VVVVVV, among a million other things) released his version Maverick Bird. This is the song used in it. It's awesome, and Maverick Bird is really fun. It's faster-moving and not as, um, terrible at collision as the original, plus it's being driven by Terry's brutal randomization abilities (Super Gravitron and Super Hexagon are just slaughterhouses). And the song helps.

So, um, hi. I might have vanished for half a month without warning after ECCC. My bad, sort of. Classes have been utterly destroying me, it's so so so much work.
Like, this week's not much better, I have a Virology exam on Thursday and a Microbiology exam on Friday and it's all going to come crashing down and I'm going to die.
But there's good news! I registered for next semester's classes, assuming I figure out how to pay for them, and it will be substantially less painful of a schedule. Hell, I might even get back into Olympia regularly, which would be awesome.
What I really feel bad about is that I've even been chronically missing Sunday Songs, which I really try to stay ahead of.

So that's where I've been. I might disappear again for a little bit, but I think I should be back for now.

Let's real quick take stock of my ongoing projects right now:
Avatar World Design: I haven't touched a thing since ECCC. A lack of inspiration regarding how things should work, but I still feel fine with how things are and it's totally playable and all. Nothing's game-crashingly bad that I've seen.
Avatar World Art: I've done pretty much no additional work! I have a couple things that might help, but a particular setback is that I think I lost my art pen at ECCC and I make really heavy use of it in making the art. I'm gonna go buy a new one, like, today. I have a couple ideas, but I'm still practicing landscape imagery and multi-character interaction images, which are the sorts of things I want more of in the book.
Avatar World Text: Working on some supporting text to expand on things some!

Mass Effect Hack: Under heavy, heavy scrutiny right now. Most central to the issue is that I'm just making bits and pieces without a real overhead vision - I don't know what I want out of the game. I have several things I'd like to do and they don't mesh well, and a lot of them don't seem like they're the thing to do in an ApW hack.
One idea that's sitting pretty darn deep in my mind is genericizing the game, stripping off the Mass Effect serial numbers. Hell, I might even keep core Mass Effect elements and concepts, just not name them. This isn't set though, it's just a consideration. How would you folks feel about the game if I did that?
Other stuff I'm working with is revising the basic move list and the playbooks, both for role and species. The stats I'm confident about, and some of the moves I still feel great about (Shields is way up there for me). I'm also still okay with Loyalty. Also, while the list might shift or add some, I feel good about my Principles and Moves
Anyone have their thoughts on what they want out of a game in the Mass Effect universe?

Those are the main irons I have in the fire, so I ought to have something to show soon-ish. Until then I just wanted to give everyone an update on what's happening been happening lately with the silence and all. Like usual, I'm significantly more active on Twitter, as @Logbook_Project.

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment