Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Songs: zircon - Identity Sequence (Million Years ft. Chris Gordon)

zircon - Million Years (ft. Chris Gordon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgXhECKxX1s
Hey, welcome back! Sorry for the unannounced hiatus from this for the last couple weeks. I wasn't quite able to post like I thought I would be able to while I was on my trip, and I had just totally forgotten last week - this class has been kicking my ass! If you don't pay attention to other posts and just read the music ones, I'll be restarting Historical Songaday to finish up the reintroduction of the old September Songaday material beginning on the 18th so it synchs up the dates, it's just easier for me that way.

Anyway, this is zircon back at it again! zircon (aka Andrew Aversa) is one of my favorite guys I've found through the OCRemix community, along with Big Giant Circles/Jimmy Hinson and zircon's wife pixietricks/Jillian Aversa, who does a lot of the vocals for zircon's music. He's got a sort of organic-electronic vibe in his music that's pretty unique sounding, and has included a lot of dubstep and distortion elements into his music as of late (check out Neurobazaar from this album or Ashes To Ashes from Harmony of a Hunter).
This album, Identity Sequence, is the result of a recent Kickstarter he ran to try and dredge up the funds to do everything fully professionally. It's his first real full-length personal album since Antigravity several years ago. In recent times I've actually featured an Antigravity song, Nitronic during October Songaday.
Identity Sequence is a worthy successor. This song has some awesome vibes, and is one of my favorites off the album, along with Unity, but the entire thing is just one long ride through an amazing album.

Sorry for the embed needing to be Soundcloud, no one's quite bothered to upload the album to Youtube yet.

Links:
The Album
Antigravity

Hope you like it! I totally recommend the album, without a doubt worth the nine bucks. Seeya again next week!
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment