Saturday, June 23, 2012

Midsummer Songaday: Day 23

DAY TWENTY-THREE: PRINCE OF PERSIA - I STILL LOVE YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE9yAR-gZRw&feature=player_embedded
I didn't even realize this gem of a song was hidden inside my PoP soundtracks until it showed up on shuffle a couple days ago. This was apparently in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, but I haven't played the games (though I got 'em on Steam a while back and have been meaning to), so I'm not sure of the game's context for the song. For independent listening though, hot damn this is good. I think it does something that many game soundtracks struggle to do, and that's blur the line between general music and VG music. Bastion did it all over, and songs like this do it great. Proud to have this one on Songaday.

Gonna put up the D&D Next Character Sheet annotations later. Now that I actually have content I'm trying to only do one a day in order to give each a chance to get some of its own views.
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment