Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Songs: Faunts - Feel. Love. Thinking. Of.

SUNDAY SONGS: FAUNTS - FEEL. LOVE. THINKING. OF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUSHd4Tdx0&feature=player_embedded
Hey there! Faunts is an indie band (I guess) that I've talked about before. They do a really laid back style of music, and do some good work themselves, but got a recognition boost when their song M4 (Part II) was used as the credits song for Mass Effect 1. They were used again in Mass Effect 3 when Das Malefitz was used for the ending (where it worked excellently I'll add).
I'm not gonna hipster out and say I knew about 'em before they were cool - it was ME1 that got me into them.
This is from their album of the same name, and is one of their best songs. That album is the same one with Das Malefitz.
I should mention that I've done these guys before in...I think it was Midsummer Songaday. Yeah, that's what it was, it was Day 19 (thank you Music page!).

I WILL say that their sound, especially on the High Expectations, Low Results album, they remind me of the sound of late 34 and Fevrier, who I know the creator of and really enjoy.

Links:
It Hurts Me All The Time
Out On A Limb
Das Malefitz
I Think I'll Start A Fire
Alarmed Lights
Explain
High Expectations
Instantly Loved
Parler De La Pluie Et Du Beau Temps
Twenty-Three
M4 (Part II)
Sleepwalker
M4 (Part I) (oddly, this does come AFTER Part II on the album)
34
Fevrier

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment