Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Midsummer '14 Days 20, 21, 22: Queen of Hearts, Arty, Cryoshell

Sorry about the lateness! Due to poor time management, and then due to life commitments and helping friends with stuff, I'm now two days late. To make it up to you, here's some of the best gems I've been holding.

DAY TWENTY: QUEEN OF HEARTS - FREESTYLE

I only discovered Queen of Hearts right after starting this month's Songaday. She reminds me of a different entry into the subgenre forged by Lady Gaga, with a strong female lead doing pop-style vocals over an otherwise dance-y song. I love Queen of Hearts' whole album, but especially check out: Neon, Secret, Colourblind, Surrender, Overcome By the Rhythm.

DAY TWENTY-ONE: ARTY - MUST BE THE LOVE

I don't know much about Arty. I know he's a pretty big producer, responsible for a lot of remixes and participating in a lot of compilations, and other releases under some aliases like Alpha Nine. He's Russian - that's pretty cool, we don't have many star DJs out of Russia.
Nadia Ali though, she's a superstar. I've been a fan since her work as iio, and she's one of the most powerful and memorable voices in trance.
This particular remix was featured in Trance Is Life Episode 43, one of my favorites.

DAY TWENTY-TWO: CRYOSHELL - CLOSER TO THE TRUTH

Cryoshell is widely known as an Evanescence clone, but I actually prefer Christine's voice to Amy Lee's. It has more texture to it, which is a weird thing to say about a voice I guess. The lyrics are definitely in the angst zone, but I let myself indulge in that sometimes.
My Monsterhearts game starts Season 2 today! I have a disc full of albums I use to get me in the mood that's led by Cryoshell (followed by Halestorm, Ke$ha, Linkin Park, Lacuna Coil, The Birthday Massacre, and the Underworld Awakening soundtrack).

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment