Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Songaday: Day 16 (Black Mesa Source - Forget About Freeman)

DAY SIXTEEN: BLACK MESA SOURCE - FORGET ABOUT FREEMAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OacXUzTNXo&feature=player_embedded
Up in the nick of time! I'm very busy tonight, everything else will be up soon.
All right, I'll make this quick. I am a Valve fan. I enjoy pretty much all their games, minus Dota and Counterstrike. I also happen to have never completed Half-Life or Half-Life 2. If you didn't know though, Black Mesa Source is a game built with the Source engine to lovingly recreate the original Half-Life. I'm slowly moving through it, and it's brilliant.
Even better, its soundtrack is free and made of gold. Done by Joel Nielsen, a complete newcomer to the scene, it's freakin' awesome.
This song, Forget About Freeman, was chosen mostly because it's slightly longer than the End Credits songs, which were going to be my main choice if I could find a video of them together. However, there's a plethora of good songs here, so give a good listen to a bunch of them!

Links:
Black Mesa Source
Soundtrack Download
Black Mesa Theme (Mesa Mix)
End Credits Pt 1
End Credits Pt 2
On A Rail 1
DJ Dain's That Long Train Ride Mix
Questionable Ethics 1
Surface Tension 3

It really took all of my willpower to not use the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood opening. Kenny has me watching the series and I'm only 8 episodes in but I'm loving the concepts, even if some exact animations or voices or writing irks me.

Gaming more of the Oriental 3.5 tomorrow. Will probably be stuck studying for the rest of the night (twin exams on Wednesday) but after that I'll finish up my Apocalypse World APs. Also, the tremulus Kickstarter Preview PDF came today, and it's pretty damn good. I'm doing a really in-depth annotation like I did for Dungeon World.

 Seeya tonight.

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment