Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Songaday: Day 17 (Way Out West - Blue)

Well, my original plan for tonight got blown to hell by there not being a Youtube video of it, and havign to dig around for something new. What the hell YT? Why hasn't anyone uploaded Think Tree's song The Lovers? I can't find it anywhere, and it's damn good - I happen to prefer it over Hire A Bird, though The Word is surprisingly good. And of course, that's just off of Eight Thirteen - Like The Idea had great pieces like Monday AM First Thing, Eye For An Eye, Rattlesnake, Porcupine Coat, and, of course, the incredible political incorrectness that is Holy Cow. So have a good time finding some of those - those guys really were some of the best out of early '90s Boston. Instead, here's something that IS on Youtube.

DAY SEVENTEEN: WAY OUT WEST - BLUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2na6xviGI&feature=player_embedded
This is a 1997 song by progressive house/trance group Way Out West, who are, as with pretty much all the great house/trance groups of the '90s, out of Bristol, England. Seriously, it's kinda astounding how much music Bristol produced. Lots of that's moved into the Scandinavian regions now thouh.
Anyway, WOW. I don't know all that much about them really - I found this through Pandora, oh, 4 years ago. I don't actually own any albums, but I've now been spending a bit of time investigating a variety of their stuff on Youtube and realizing I totally should have before (that investigating, combined with the above reason, is also why this post is late). As such, I can't tell you the best songs they have, but I've been happy with pretty much everything I've heard, so I'm just gonna links some of the cool stuff of theirs.
Even better, these guys are still together making music!

Links:
Way Out West
Blue (Club Mix) (kinda prefer the original though)
Secret
Intensify (Part I)
Mindcircus
Mindcircus (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
While I'm on the topic of Gabriel & Dresden, another great mix by them, Motorcycle - When The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
Mindcircus (Way Out West Club Mix) (This is my favorite of the Mindcircus mixes, but they're all excellent in different ways)

Played some pretty good Oriental 3.5 today. Exams tomorrow, then AW AP writing, then Oriental AP writing, then retrospective AP writing, then all the other shit I need to do.

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment