Monday, October 22, 2012

October Songaday: Day 22 (Velvetine - The Great Divide)

DAY TWENTY-TWO: VELVETINE - THE GREAT DIVIDE (INTRO MIX)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjV_vWJ23jk&feature=player_embedded
First off, the intro mix is nearly identical to the original mix, minus a slightly extended/differently styled introduction. I happen to prefer the more ethereal sound of it. Second, this is the first song on Disc 3! I decided that Disc 2 would be the long one, since I've wanted to use this song to intro Disc 3 for pretty much the whole month.
I found this song with the help of Trance Is Life Episode 38. I discuss this episode at length back in Day 8 when I was doing Years, by Alesso. Here's a link!
Speaking of Trance Is Life podcast, they released a new episode a couple days ago! I know what I'LL be listening to while I write my Chem lab tonight!

So, Velvetine is actually a combo group, made on the side by two groups who wanted to do some work together. It's composed of Myon & Shane 54 and Aruna. They haven't done all that much together, just The Great Divide and Safe (Wherever You Are), but I can't wait for more, because, as one of the commenters puts it, "holy tits." Everything these guys do is gold.
And I do apologize for the International Departures ad in the middle of the vid. Buy the single with all the remixes of The Great Divide to get it clean, because this was the only Intro Mix video I could find.

So, a quick note about Myon & Shane 54. They're kind of a big deal in the trance scene, between being incredibly talented and, probably more importantly, unbelievably prolific. For appearing in 2008, they've released a huge amount of music. They do a regular podcast called International Departures that's really quite great. I actually know pretty much nothing about them, but I love what I've heard.
Velvetine is the only avenue I know Aruna from, from she's a big singer. I love the vocal work in Velvetine's tracks, so I'll be checking her out as well.

I'm going to do a special call out to  Andrew Bayer and Molly Bancroft's song Keep Your Secrets, which has an amazing remix by Myon & Shane 54 that was featured in Trance Is Life 38. It's really a damn amazing song - reminds me of driving through a big city at night.

Links:
Velvetine
Myon & Shane 54
Aruna
International Departures
Trance Is Life Podcast
The Great Divide (Original Mix) 
Safe (Wherever You Are)
Andrew Bayer feat. Molly Bancroft - Keep Your Secrets (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)

That should be it for tonight! Later folks!
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment