Friday, October 19, 2012

October Songaday: Day 19 (Sucker Punch - White Rabbit)

Why the hell does Netflix only have HALF of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? Goddamn it, I'm just starting to really get into it and it cuts me off!

DAY NINETEEN: SUCKER PUNCH - WHITE RABBIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdL_Zn5nCE&feature=player_embedded
Obviously a cover of the Jefferson Airplane original, but a good one. Worked amazingly in the movie. I don't know about anyone else, but I liked the movie - it was weird and a lot of nerd-pandering, but, like most of Zach Snyder's movies, it had STYLE even when there wasn't a lot of substance to back it up. Still, my favorite version of this song is by Blue Man Group.
My digital copy of the Sucker Punch CD is all weird. See, I'd downloaded it a while before I actually bought the disc, and for some reason, my downloaded copy has four or five extra songs on it! Anti You by Blue Stahli, The Crablouse, and Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups definitely weren't in the movie, but I have them in there for some reason! I like all three of those I mentioned by the way, as well as the Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) remix, Search And Destroy, and the I Want It All/We Will Rock You mashup, among others. A really top-notch soundtrack.

Links:
Sucker Punch
Jefferson Airplane
Blue Man Group
White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane, Original)
White Rabbit (Blue Man Group Cover)
Anti You (Blue Stahli)
The Crablouse (Lords of Acid)
Panic Switch (Silversun Pickups)
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Sucker Punch Remix)
Search And Destroy
I Want It All/We Will Rock You

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment